Some Common Magento Issues While Developing the Store and Its Solutions
Starting an online business can be an ideal decision, especially for those who have just started their ecommerce journey. More and more business owners, retailers and merchants are now moving towards Magento in order to develop a highly interactive online store and the huge collection of extensions and themes and built in functionalities help to develop a Magento store, and resolve various issues.
Although you can easily resolve the issues if you are aware of the right process, there are some complicated processes that need in depth skills like dealing with some common Magento ecommerce problems that are faced by a newbie while developing a Magento store.
Here in this blog, I will share with you some of the common Magento issues that you might come across while building your website and how you can resolve them.
Solving the “Access Denied” Magento issue:
While creating your website, you may get the “Access Denied” issue while logging in your Magento portal in case you are unable to access the backend of your Magento store. But this issue can be easily solved in case of the error of access denied. The steps that you should follow:
- Logout of your Admin Panel and then again log back. Turn it off and then turn it on.
- Then reset the Magento admin privileges
- Log in to the system with updated credentials
- Log in to the System> Permissions> Roles> Administrators
- Click on the Role Resources and make sure that it is set to All
- Then click on the Save Role button and this will reset your Magento admin permissions.
Resetting the Magento 2 Admin Password:
Making a mistake regarding the admin password is a common problem, so there should be a common fix that is rather simple. Reset your admin password by using the phpMyAdmin, that is done by opening your Magento 2 database and by navigating to your admin-user tab. You can simply change the existing password and then change it to a new one and save it.
Creating the Search Engine Friendly URL for the Magento Website:
If you are willing to view your site on the first of the Google SERP, then it is very important to consider having a most SEO convenient URL, for your Magento website. Finding an easy and relevant URL isn’t an easy task as the ecommerce market is highly saturated. But, again you should not miss the opportunity of redirecting more traffic to your site and losing the sales opportunities just because you don’t have a search engine friendly URL. Magento has a simple solution for this
- Just login to your Magento admin area
- Click the Configuration Button
- Click on the Web on the left panel
- click the Search Engines Optimisation tab
- Turn on the Use Web Server Rewrites by marking Yes
- Click on the Save Config button and enable the SEO friendly URL
Incorporating a “Contact Us” Form in Your Store:
Magento has a contact form functionality and that is by default. A link to the contact form is displayed on the footer of the Magento store and you can add it on any page of your store. For this you have to follow the steps:
- Login to the admin area
- Then access the CMS> Pages
- Choose a page that you are willing to edit and create a new page
- Paste the following line by using the HTML option of WYSIWYG editor
- Save the changes
Adding a Custom User Group
In Magento this is another common issue that is encountered by the beginners. You can add a custom user group through these steps:
Login to the Magento Admin area > Customers > Customer Groups > Add new Customers Group
Once the customer is registered, you can edit the group from the Magento Customer > Manage Customer, and then from the Edit link, you can tweak the group from the Account information> Customer Group and then click on the “Save Customer” button.
Creating a Magento web store is a daunting task and if you are a startup, you may have to face multiple obstacles. Resolving the errors effectively is important while working on Magento store.