Texas Safety Supply - A Magento Website
Peak web performance and maintenance become more specialized for safety product suppliersDuring a meeting with the client, our task was to examine the development process and the performance of the site so that we could understand the maintenance requirements of the project. The examination was performed through some rounds of interviews with appropriate project managers and technical personnel associated with varied projects within our organization. The case study highlights the results of these interviews, and presents our findings, business challenges, recommendations and ultimate solutions for our client.
Texas Safety Supply:A Magento Website
Texas Safety Supply is a leading industrial safety product and equipment supplier in the DFW metro areas. The company ships products the same day and has 14 distribution centers. All the products offered by them are of high quality, reliable and comes with affordable price tags. From work gloves to first aid supplies, you can find everything under the same roof.
With the stated goal of using market leading technology to aid its business processes and expansion efforts, Texas Safety Supply sought an outsourcing technology partner that could establish a scalable IT business process and maintain the performance of the website consistently. The client was in need of an upgradation, integration of some modules and updates that would help them to manage and track their shipping processes, prevent any email spamming and enhance the security measures of the site. The major areas of concern were seen to be application enhancement, preventative maintenance, and use of third party modules or extensions for maximum business benefits.
How we helped:
- We put together the design and the development team and they gathered the requirements related to designs. The team worked on the layout and design of the website and worked on the homepage template and responsive issue. Category page, layered navigation filters, layout fix & product page layout and responsive issues were considered.
- The website was developed on Magento 22.214.171.124 and we upgraded it to 126.96.36.199
- The email template was customized and some additional features were added for better performance.
- Telephone number in order confirmation email and tweaks in design of order email template were added.
- Description Shipping URL Custom Module was developed to add a custom URL to the shipment tracking number in the shipment email that is received at customer end. This shipment URL is set in admin panel configuration page for each shipment carrier provided in Magento like DHL, Fedex, UPS, USPS etc.
- SMTP Pro module installation for email processing was done so as to prevent any email spamming.
- Checkout telephone mask/validation and login and forgot password popup design was also fixed.
- To enhance the security of the website, we updated the security patches to the latest ones
- Admin sales order grid override, removal of tax calculations from the checkout cart and empty cart page after successful order on one-step checkout were implemented.
- Featured product homepage module created that allowed the best sellers (products) or any other special products to be listed for more visibility.
- Redesigned website home page with modern template, technologies and interfaces.
- Feasibility and evaluation of different modules and approaches that provided better business solution
- High security of the website made it more reliable to the customers
- Responsive design made the website easily accessible from the desktop, iOS and Android devices.
- Meeting some business objectives allowed the client to quickly continue towards their strategic growth and objectives.
Magento - Navigate the shift to ecommerce smoothly.
Future proof your online business by implementing Magento solution that is modern, secure, robust and scalable.