Official Release of Magento 2.3.5: An Overview of Major Features
In spite of the world being struck with the coronavirus pandemic, the Magento community has proved to stay strong and has come up with the latest release of Magento 2.3.5. It is known to be the latest version in the Magento 2 series and it has been officially released on April 28th, 2020 by Magento Inc.
As a popular ecommerce development platform it has regularly come up with advanced features and security patches that has improved its capabilities to adopt higher performance and changing customer demands. Magento open source 2.3.5 has come up with significant platform upgrades, performance enhancements and substantial security changes.
It is with this release that the most popular ecommerce platform has fixed more than 180 functionalities in the core product and has 25 security enhancements. Besides these, there are also multiple minor changes, which includes all the contributions of the major upgrade on the core codes for the inventory management and the GraphQL.
By upgrading to the latest version of Magento, you will be able to use the latest features and significantly boost your website performance and overall security.
Magento 2.3.5: Major Features and Enhancements:
Security Enhancements and Patch Release:
The Magento 2.3.5 version upgrade has come up with more than 25 security fixes that will help the users to have a close remote code execution and avoid cross site scripting and other data injection vulnerabilities. The content security policy and removal of session id from the URLs are also two most important security improvements in the version.
The latest security patches will help the merchants to install time sensitive security fixes without having to apply several functional fixes. It also includes the hotfixes applied to the Magento development 2.3.4 version.
- Support for Elasticsearch 7.x: This is supported by both the Magento open source as well as the commerce edition.
- Deprecation of Magento Core Payment Integrations: With this upgrade, the integrations of eWay, Authorize.NET, CyberSource and Worldpay payment methods are deprecated.
- Deprecation of the Core Integration of Signifyd Fraud Protection Code: Here the inbuilt functionality is no more supported and the merchants should migrate to the Signifyd Fraud and chargeback protection extension.
- Upgrade of Symphony Components: It is upgraded to offer lifetime support where the components are a set of decoupled PHP libraries that are used by the Magento Framework.
- Migration of Dependencies on the Zend Framework to the Laminas Project: One major release is that the Zend Framework has been deprecated and Magento 2.3.5 contains minimum changes to code and configuration that are needed to support the use of the Laminas libraries.
The release contains enhancements to the core, which helps to improve the quality of the framework and the modules that include Sales, Catalog, PayPal, Import, Elastic search and CMS.
- The PayPal Pro payment works as expected in Chrome 80 browser
- A PHPStan code analysis check has now been integrated into the Magento static builds.
- Improvements are made to the customer data section invalidation logic
- Multiple optimizations to Redis performance on each Magento request which includes
- Decrease in the size of the network data transfers between Magento and Redis
- Reduction in the race conditions on Redis write operations
- Reduction in Redis consumption of the CPU cycles by improving the ability of the adapter to automatically determine what needs to be loaded.
There are some newly added extension points for the StockDataProvider and SourceDataProvider. The capability to display all the assigned inventory sources from the Orders list.
The PWA Studio 6 contains both new features and also some improvements to the existing features:
- Launch of The PWA Extensibility Framework: This helps the developers with the ability to develop an extensible API for their storefront or create plugins that can tap those API and change the storefront logic.
- Caching and Data Fetching Improvements: This contains improved caching logic and other optimization in the Venia and Peregrine UI component libraries
- Shopping cart components can now be used for a full page shopping cart experience.
In order to retrieve the details about the products and the categories, you have to use the products and categoryLists queries that are included in the staged campaign.
The release includes integration of Engagement Cloud and Magento B2B. The new B2B integration module helps to integrate Engagement Cloud and the Magento B2B module that enables the merchants to leverage their B2B ecommerce data and engage more with their existing and potential customers. It also has improved importer performance and coupon code resend.
Google Shopping Ads Channel:
The Google Shopping ads Channel extension has reached the end of life and it will no longer be supported. The alternative extensions are now available on the Magento marketplace.
Other Notable Features:
- Improved Adobe Stock integration
- Enhancements in the cart, checkout, catalog, catalog inventory, catalog rule, payment methods, customer segment, themes, inventory, UI and other general fixes.
- A bungle product prices are calculated on the product page.
- The WYSIWYG editor now works as expected on the IE 11.x
All the above improvements are now available with the latest Magento 2.3.5 upgrade and it is suggested that all the Magento users should upgrade their websites to keep it secure and smooth.
We at IDS Logic have great experience working with Magento and can support you in various tasks of upgradation to attain the best website performance.